People often ask for ideas of what to do next. I say if you can count your devices, you need more.
Some of the things I'm doing:
Still on the to-do list:
- Find smart door locks that can tell me the doors lock status at a reasonable price. The weather is so variable here in central Texas, heat and humidity wise that exterior doors change shape enough that doors tend to need a push or a pull for the dead bolt to align so I've given up on actually being able to lock/unlock them. Wish now I'd wired the dead bolt holes with recessed switches.
- Open garage door on command though mainly for the "Goodbye" routine that puts the site into away mode only after checking the alarm is ready to arm. Seen too many glitches to feel good about it opening automatically on return.
- Smarter motion recognition. Ultimate goal is to be able to have it tell me what is sees moving and tell me where a pet was last seen. Would prefer a Blue Iris plugin or similar but might look at a separate system like YOLO I can send triggered images to.
- Want GPS tracking of pets when practical. Which seems soon.
- Of course wild critters are getting to be big deal here which accounts for many of the cameras. For example I recently added 4 just trying to find a snake that got in the shop. Lately feral hogs are the thing.
- Well and water softener monitor so know if the well has tripped, a filter has clogged or a pipe is leaking / burst.
Other stuff some have mentioned but not on my list:
- Smart or controllable blinds.
Post a Comment